Authorities probe suspected eHAC data breach of 1 million us...

Authorities probe suspected eHAC data breach of 1 million users

The Jakarta Post | 2021-08-31 14:01

The Health Ministry, National Police and Communications and Information Ministry said on Tuesday that they were looking into a suspected data breach of the government's Indonesia Health Alert Card (eHAC) system, which has jeopardized around 1.3 million users' data. The potential breach of eHAC - an app developed to help with COVID-19 contact tracing - was brought to light by encryption provider vpnMentor, which wrote in a report on Monday that the data included contact details, ID card details and COVID-19 test results. Health Ministry data and information center head Anas Ma'ruf said on Tuesday that the potentially flawed eHAC system had been inoperative since July 2, and gave an assurance that it was separate from the eHAC system integrated with the widely used COVID-19 tracking app PeduliLindungi. "The government asks everyone to uninstall and delete the old and separate eHAC app,"...

Unlock these benefits
benefit

Get access to news, enforcement cases, events, and actionable tips and guides

benefit

Get regular email updates and offers

benefit

Job opportunities, mentorship and career guidance

benefit

Exclusive access to Data Protection community - ask questions, network and share knowledge with peers and experts via WhatsApp and Linkedin